I’m leaving on a jet plane for Cabo San Lucas tomorrow and am planning on doing nothing but eating Mexican food smothered in cheese and drinking margaritas. Since you can’t come with me here’s a recipe to help you get your Fiesta on from your own kitchen. By the way, I wasn’t kidding about that whole not eating healthy until November 1st thing. There is nothing healthy about this dish, and that’s what makes it so darn delicious.
- 16 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 4 ounces diced jalapeño peppers, drained
- 1/2 Cup Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an oven safe serving dish with cooking spray (I used a 9×9 pan)
2. Using an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
3. Stir in the green chilies, jalapenos, Mexican and mozzarella cheeses. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
4. Mix together the Panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and sprinkle it over the cream cheese mixture.
5. Spray the Panko and parmesan with a quick spray of non-stick cooking spray. (I forgot to do this and it turned out just fine)
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and the topping is lightly browned. (Don’t mind the big bite missing from the picture)
Serve with bread, crackers, celery, carrots or whatever inspires you.