It’s Day 2 of the health cleanse and while I’m surviving, I am dying for a Latte and a Big Glass of Wine. Maybe a wine flavored Latte? I’m surprised Starbucks hasn’t invented that one yet. I should give them a call and try and get some royalties for my genius idea. Anyway, I purchased Bethenny Frankel’s book “The Skinnygirl Dish” and plan to make lots of recipes from it during this cleanse. I love Ms. Frankel’s Skinnygirl Margaritas so I figure her food must be pretty good too. These tacos aren’t overly exciting but they can be made in about ten minutes and they are guilt free, both of which make them quite valuable!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic salt (or garlic powder)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce (more if you like it spicy)
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheese shredded (Trader Joe’s has a good Mexican blend)
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 TB Fresh lemon juice
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place skillet on burner over medium heat. Place the turkey in the pan and stir to crumble. Add all the spices, worcestershire, Tabasco and Dijon and continue to stir until the meat is browned and cooked through.
- Wrap the tortillas in a towel and heat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds
- Mix the greek yogurt with the lemon juice to make a tasty sour cream substitute
- Place 1/4 of the meat in each tortilla and top with shredded cheese, lettuce and yogurt mixture.
The Skinnygirl recipe says it serves 4, but I say it serves 2 – One taco just isn’t enough.
Source: The Skinnygirl Dish By: Bethenny Frankel