Mmmm Pad Thai Noodles. Mmmm to all Thai food. I have Thailand on my travel bucket list. Although, I hear that real Thai food is insanely spicy, as in burn your tongue off spicy. I wonder if there is some sort of exercise I can give my taste buds to slowly work up their spice tolerance if I ever end up planning a trip to Thailand? I’ll add that to my list of random questions for Google. So this is another recipe courtesy of Bethenny Frankel and I have to say I was quite impressed. When you make the sauce it seems like such a small amount for all the noodles, and I was very tempted to make more but a little goes a long way and this was very flavorful. I made it a little more filling by adding some chicken. The recipe says it serves 4 – I say more like 3 or even 2 if you are really hungry. If you’re not familiar with Asian cooking and the list of ingredients intimidates you, don’t worry, you should be able to find everything you need on the international food isle of your grocery store.
- 1 package Asian rice noodles (often called Pad Thai noodles)
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili paste
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh or ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 TB fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 TB chopped cashews
- Optional: 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped (you could also add shrimp or tofu)
1. Cook the noodles according to the directions on the package. Drain, rinse and set aside
2. While the noodles are cooking, whisk together all the remaining ingredients except the cilantro, cashews and chicken.
3. Toss the noodles with the sauce and chicken or other protein if using. Sprinkle with cashews and cilantro and serve.
Source: The Skinnygirl Dish By: Bethenny Frankel