The holidays are over. Sad. This means I have to go back to starting my day with coffee instead of mimosas. Can I get a Booorrring?! Did you make a new year’s resolution? I don’t really bother anymore, as it’s usually about 11:00am on January 1st when I’ve already broken my resolution. This year I decided my resolution would be to figure out how to make a perfect bloody mary. And guess what?! By 2:00pm yesterday my resolution had been conquered! This is turning out to be the most successful year yet. Whoever invented the bloody mary was a pure genius. There is absolutely no better cure for a hangover, and it goes so well with savory breakfast foods. I love em love em love em! Yet, for some silly reason, I never bothered making my own, I would only have them at restaurants. That has changed now that I’ve discovered how easy it is to make them. Cheers to a wonderful 2012!
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka (large shot glass)
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Dash worcestershire sauce (or more to taste)
- Dash tabasco sauce (or more to taste)
- 1-2 turns fresh ground pepper
- Celery stalk for garnish
- Lemon wedge for garnish
- (You can also garnish with green olives, pepperoncinis, or whatever you like)
*Makes 1 Bloody Mary
1. In a cocktail shaker combine all ingredients except for garnishes, over ice.
2. Shake to combine
3. Pour into a glass filled with ice. Garnish with celery and lemon wedge.