I had an epipheny the other day. Making a good salad is just like putting together a cute outfit. If you have good stuff to work with, it’s really quite easy – all you have to do is toss it together! Of course, shopping for the good stuff for your wardrobe can be a lot more dangerous for your wallet than shopping for good stuff for a salad. So maybe I need to spend more time making salads and less time shopping online. I’ll be skinnier and richer – excellent plan!
Do you like beet and goat cheese salads? I think they are amazing. Some people think beets tast like dirt, but I don’t think so at all. I love them! And they are so good for you. Apparently they help lower your cholesterol and keep you looking young. Score! Trader Joe’s sells them already cooked, peeled, and ready to go in a nice little package. I used them, and it took me less than 5 minutes to make this salad. I think I ate it in less than 5 minutes too. I couldn’t resist.
Makes 2 large salads or 4 small
- 1 package mixed baby greens
- 4-5 beets cooked, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup glazed pecans
- 3 oz chevre goat cheese log, crumbled into pieces
- 2 TB Olive oil
- 2 TB Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 TB honey
1. Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and honey to make the dressing
2. Evenly distribute the baby greens among serving plates and top with equal amounts of beets, pecans and goat cheese.
3. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to combine.
Source: Skinny Taste