Remember months ago when I started talking about eating healthy so I didn’t have to wear a muumuu during my trip to Hawaii in April? Well, that all kinda went out the window. I just can’t say no to a french fry – or cheese – oh cheese, how I love thee. But now that my Hawaii trip is just around the corner, it’s time to get serious. No more talkin the talk, it’s time to walk the walk! I found this great book called “The Gorgeously Green Diet” It claims to make me not only thin but also beautiful as a result of all the antioxidants. Worth a shot right? So apparently this chili will make you skinny and beautiful. What more could you want from a chili? I haven’t noticed any long term results yet, but I can tell you that it is very tasty and satisfying and easy to make too. Go for it!
- 1 TB Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Cups chicken broth
- 3 TB tomato paste
- 2 TB Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 zucchinis, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 Cups cooked brown rice (for serving)
- Chopped cilantro (for garnish)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes, until softened.
2. Add the ground turkey to the onions and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, and salt, and cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Add the chicken broth, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce to the pan and stir until the tomato paste dissolves. Add the kidney beans, canned tomatoes, zucchini and carrots to the pot and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro if desired and serve over brown rice.