It’s no secret that I think carbs are one of life’s greatest pleasures. But, considering my bikini order shipped yesterday, I figure it’s time to limit the carb intake for just a bit. Meet the potato’s undercover brother – cauliflower. I was a little bit afraid of mashed cauliflower, but with a dab of cream cheese and a few spoonfuls of parmesan, it is surprisingly delicious. In fact, I think I ate too much as I am feeling a bit nauseous right now. Oh wait, I’m watching “Shahs of Sunset” as I write this, so more likely than not that is the true cause of the nausea. It’s so bad that it’s good!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 TB cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp chicken bullion
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- chopped chives for garnish
1. Boil a large pot of water over high heat
2. Clean and cut the cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for 6-8 minutes, or until well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
3.In a food processor or blender, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, chicken base, and pepper until almost smooth.
4. Garnish with chives, and serve immediately.
Source: The Food Network