Quick + Easy + Delicious = I Love. I love this salad. Can I call it a salad if there is no lettuce in it? Yes, I think so. I’m a grown woman, I can do whatever I want. Noodles > Lettuce. I’m really into using symbols in my typing today. I’m a little wacky because it’s only Tuesday. I don’t like weekdays. But I do like chicken and noodles and thai spices and crushed peanuts. Yum yum yum. If you like these things too, you will like this salad. Go make this salad. It makes weekdays more bearable. Oh yeah and it’s healthy. Your thighs and your taste buds will thank you.
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 green chili, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 TB fresh ginger or 1 tsp dried ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of one lime
- 3 TB Thai fish sauce (If you can’t find this, substitute with 2 TB soy sauce)
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TB peanut or sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp chili oil (Or 1 tsp chili paste) Add more if you like it spicy
- 2 cups cooked chicken, deskinned and chopped
- 6 ounces Soba noodles, cooked and cooled
- Chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- Crushed peanuts (for garnish)
1. Combine the first ten ingredients (through the chili oil) in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly. Allow to sit for 30 minutes to marinate.
2. After mixture is done marinating, add the chicken and toss to coat chicken with sauce.
3. Divide the cooled noodles between two plates and top evenly with the chicken mixture.
4. Garnish with cilantro and peanuts and serve.