I am having one of those weeks where I wish I could inject wine into my bloodstream via an IV. It is Friday which is wonderful, but it looks like next week might be a wine syringe week too. Wah!!! Whoever said Stressed is Desserts spelled backwards was right on. Bacon is Nocab spelled backwards, but I’m not really sure what that means. However, I do know that when it is not acceptable to be drunk off wine all day, the next best thing to do is eat bacon and chocolate all day. And no, bacon does not taste weird inside chocolate chip cookies, it tastes absofrigginloutely delicous. The dough is even better, I ate it for breakfast earlier this week. I figured since the dough had eggs and bacon in it, it was a perfectly acceptable breakfast food. I have excellent logic.
- 8 slices center cut thick bacon
- 1 and 1/2 cups brown sugar, divided
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 TB pure vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Place the bacon on a baking sheet lined with foil. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the brown sugar evenly over the bacon. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping over half way through. Once bacon is crispy, allow to cool completely and then chop.
3. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees
4. Sift together flour and baking soda, set aside.
5. In the bowl of a stand up mixer, cream together the butter, white sugar, and remaining brown sugar. Add the vanilla, egg and egg yolk and beat until light and creamy.
6. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and stir to combine.
7. Fold in the chocolate chips and cooled, chopped bacon.
8. Roll into one-inch balls and place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 13-15 minutes until edges are golden brown.
Source: Adapted From The Girl Who Ate Everything