I’ve been very neglectful of my little blog these past few weeks. The heatwave we’ve been having has made me extremely lazy, and has also put a huge damper on my desire to fire up the stove and oven. That’s why I made these cookies at 6am, before our non-air conditioned house turned into a sauna. I am NOT a morning person, but man oh man were these cookies worth rising early for. They’re really just basic chocolate chip cookies with broken up oreo pieces inside. Simple but heavenly. I ate a few for breakfast, obviously. That’s the problem with early morning baking….
Makes 2 dozen cookies
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 6 TB granulated sugar
- 6 TB brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 11 Oreo Cookies, crushed into small pieces
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the butter, and sugars until well combined. Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
2. Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl, stir to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, then stir in oreos and chocolate chips until just combined.
3. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets. Bake for about 10 minutes or until cooked, but still soft. Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.