Ode to Nutella:
I love your delicious flavor of chocolate and hazlenut. You are even worth some extra fat on my butt. You taste great on toast, or on a spoon all by yourself. It’s very very dangerous to have you on my shelf. I would eat you on a train, on a plane, or even on a spaceship to Mars, but my favorite way to eat you is inside these amazing rice krispy bars!
Don’t be jealous of my amazing poetry writing skills. These rice krispy treats are amazing. Everyone loves them. In fact, I’m considering quitting my job and making a living selling these. Seriously….
Makes about 18 medium sized treats
- 6 TB Salted Butter
- 10 ounce bag Large Marshmallows
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1-1/2 cup Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 cup Pecans, Finely Chopped
- 5 ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate
1. Melt 4 TB of the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the large marshmallows and salt and stir until melted. While marshmellows are melting, add the Nutella. When the Nutella and marshmallows are melted, add the additional 2 TB of butter and stir until smooth.
2. Meanwhile, melt the semi-sweet chocolate over a double boiler until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool. (Don’t judge my shoddy makeshift double boiler in the photo below)
3. Pour the Rice Krispies into a large bowl and fold in the Nutella mixture. When it’s almost all combined, add the mini-marshmallows to the bowl, then continue folding until everything’s combined.
4. Immediately press the mixture into a thoroughly greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Sprinkle with half the pecans. Drizzle the melted semi-sweet chocolate over the top with a fork to make zig-zags. Top with remaining pecans.
5. Allow to set and fully cool, then cut into squares.
Source: Adapted from The Pioneer Woman