Sometimes I wonder how I lived my life before Pinterest. How did I plan my wardrobe, pick out paint colors, organize the bathroom, find cute pictures of puppies or discover inspirational witty quotes before the wonder that is Pinterest? And most importantly, how did I keep track of all the amazing recipes I wanted to try that I found on the internet? Life must have been quite chaotic back in 2011 and I guess my brain blocked out the stressful memories. I made these bite size treats for my book club Christmas party and got rave reviews. Whenever anyone complimented me on them I said “pinterest!” Merry Christmas Pinterest. I love you almost as much as I love brie baked in a flaky pastry with a delicious sweet topping all washed down with a glass of wine. Ahhh Heaven.
Makes 15 Brie Bites
- One package phyllo tarts (you should be able to find them in the frozen isle next to the phyllo dough)
- Approx 6 ounces Brie Cheese, cut into 15 small cubes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Honey, for drizzling
1. Preheat the Oven to 350 Degrees
2. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray, place the phyllo tarts on the baking sheet. Gently press a cube of brie into each tart.
3. Sprinkle about 1/2 tsp of brown sugar into each tart. Top with about 1/2 tsp of chopped pecans. Drizzle honey over the top of the tarts.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the Brie is fully melted.
Source: Adapted from Plain Chicken