It’s almost Christmas!! Just 8 more days. I can tell its right around the corner because my pants are starting to get a little tight. But who cares, that’s what new year’s resolutions are for right? In our family, Christmas Eve has always been the big day. We have a big dinner and my Aunt makes about a million cookies that we all gorge ourselves on while opening presents. These cookies are one of the classics that we’ve had as long as I can remember and they never fail to satisfy. They are so simple to make yet so adorable to look at and absolutely delicious. I’ve eaten four in the past 24 hours. Whoops
Yields 2 dozen cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for rolling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 24 Hershey kisses, unwrapped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
2. Place all ingredients except for the kisses into the bowl of a stand up mixer with paddle attachment and mix until fully combined and a dough forms
3. Roll the dough into one inch balls and then roll each ball in the extra granulated sugar.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden. Place a Hershey kiss in the middle of each cookie immediately after they come out of the oven. Press the kiss gently into the cookie. Cool for 2 minutes and then move to cooling rack to finish.
Source: Munday Family Recipe