When I was a kid, summer was hands down my favorite season. No school for three months? How could any season compete with that. However, ever since I reluctantly joined the work force, summer has dropped down to a possible last place tie with winter. 90 degree days just aren’t the same when you are sweating in a dark suit instead of floating around carelessly in a swimming pool. But there have been a few recent weekend days where summer has started to make a comeback. Drinking a beer in the sun while watching the Padre’s win 10-1 made for a pretty perfect summer afternoon. Attending a luau at a friend’s house with the perfect temperature pool was even better. It’s impossible not to love summer when you’re drinking an adult beverage through an umbrella straw and wearing a polyester flower lei. Summer may have just pushed its way up to second place in my book. Of course it will never ever pass up Fall….
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 cup spicy BBQ Sauce (I used Stubb’s)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 32 wonton wrappers
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray 16 full size muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside
2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the chicken, pineapple, BBQ sauce and green onions.
3. Place one wonton wrapper in the bottom of each muffin tin, pressing gently to form to the pan. Repeat with each muffin tin. Place about one rounded tablespoon of chicken mixture in each wonton.
4. Place another wonton wrapper on top of the chicken mixture and press down gently. Place another rounded tablespoon of chicken mixture on top of the second wonton. Sprinkle each muffin tin evenly with cheese.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes until the wontons are golden brown and the cheese is melted. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before removing from tins. You may want to use a knife for assistance in removing the cupcakes from the muffin tins.
Source: Emily Bites