There are few things I love more than a delicious meal that can be cooked in one pot in under 30 minutes. This recipe embodies the definition of simple deliciousness. The only negative is the recipe cooks so quickly you don’t even have time to finish a glass of wine while cooking it. Serious problem, I know.
I believe I’ve confessed my love for Giada numerous times already on this blog, but just in case you’ve forgotten, Giada is amazing. I still don’t understand how she stays so tiny while making all that amazing Italian food, but she’s just too cute and talented to hate.
- 1 1/3 cups pearl couscous (also called Israeli couscous)
- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the couscous and toast for about 2-3 minutes
2. Add the chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt and pepper to the pan.
3. Bring the couscous to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the couscous are tender but still firm to the bite.
4. Turn off the heat and stir in the chopped onions, Parmesan cheese, thawed peas and chopped chicken.
Source: Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis