I get really anxious when someone asks me what my favorite food is. How am I supposed to choose just one thing??!! It’s like asking Mike and Carol Brady to choose their favorite child. It’s just not fair. It’s just not right.
But, when forced to choose, it always comes down to some sort of combination of cheese and bread – pizza, quesadillas, grilled cheese, mac and cheese. Carbs and dairy fat – what more could a girl need? And you can make all these things work any time of the day. I’ve had breakfast pizza and love it. A breakfast sandwich is basically breakfast grilled cheese, and here come breakfast quesadillas. Next project – breakfast macaroni and cheese. Cue the drool now.
Makes 2 Quesadillas:
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 5 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 TB fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 slices bacon
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Non stick cooking spray
- Hot sauce, for serving
1. Fry up your bacon, drain on paper towels, cool slightly, chop.
2. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and coat with non-stick spray. Scramble the eggs until cooked through, set aside.
3. Spray non-stick spray in a large skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the skillet. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the tortilla. One one side of the tortilla add half the eggs, bacon, green onions and cilantro. Once cheese begins to melt fold the tortilla in half and press down. Carefully flip the tortilla over and cook a few more minutes until cheese has completely melted.
4. Repeat with the second tortilla. Serve immediately with hot sauce.
Source: Inspired by The Naked Cafe