If you live in Arizona, Southern California, Dallas or Denver and have not yet been to True Food Kitchen, you are doing yourself a huge disservice. It is one of the most delicious restaurants in existence AND and and and all the food is super duper good for you – even the desserts! My next recreation attempt will be their Lemon Tart with Coconut whipped cream – Hello!
Onto this salad, it is inspired by the one at True Food Kitchen in San Diego – obvi. As a salad doesn’t actually require that much cooking, I will use my words to tell you about the Farro I like and the dressing I like. Have you discovered Farro yet? I recently did and have become a big fan. I have my woman crush, Giada, to thank for helping me discover it. Trader Joe’s has a good one that cooks quickly and easily. Here it is:
And then there is the champagne dressing. Is it actually made with champagne? I don’t know but I hope so. Maybe it’s called champagne because it’s the dressing of the rich and famous? Maybe I’m starting to lose it? Maybe I need a
bottle glass of champagne right now to get me through the rest of the work day? Maybe.
If you can’t find champagne dressing, any dressing will do. Use whatever your heart and taste buds desire
Let’s make some salad.
Serves 2-3 as an entree; 4 as a side
- 1 bunch Romaine Lettuce, rinsed, dried and chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 3/4 cup Farro, cooked
- 1/2 cup jicama, chopped
- 1/3 cup Marcona Almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 10-15 pitted dates, chopped
- 4 ounces Manchego cheese, cubed
- Champagne Vinaigrette of choice (I used Girard’s)
1. Rinse your lettuce nice and good and shake off the excess water in a salad spinner or by hand. Chopped it up nice and fine. Place it in a big bowl.
2. Add the chicken, farro, jicama, almonds, cranberries, dates and cheese
3. Top with your favorite Champagne Vinaigrette or another dressing of choice and give it a good toss
Source: Inspired by True Food Kitchen