This week’s cookbook is the best kind of cookbook – a cocktail cookbook! One of my friends got me this super trendy cocktail book for my birthday and just looking at the pictures makes me feel instantly cool. Cool like hip, not cool like low temperature – but I guess that could work too. And just like that my feelings of coolness disappear, because nothing is as uncool as having to explain cool. Better go make another cocktail to fix this problem…
This drink is very delicious and very refreshing. It’s also very fun to use a cocktail shaker and I’m pretty sure it gives you a bit of an upper body workout. So making this cocktail is considered exercise, which gives you an even better reason to go make it right now. Who cares that it’s only 9am?! It has fruit in it – two kinds of fruit actually – and honey. Perfectly acceptable morning drink. Plus, you know what Jimmy Buffet says…
Makes 2 drinks
- 2 shots vodka
- 1 shot fresh lemon juice
- 1 shot wildflower honey
- 8 fresh blackberries (plus 4 for garnish)
- 2 slices lemon (for garnish)
- Seltzer water
1. Add the lemon juice, honey and 8 blackberries to a cocktail shaker. Muddle the ingredients in the bottom of the shaker until they are crushed well.
2. Add the vodka and some ice to the shaker and shake vigorously for 10 seconds
3. Place ice in the bottom of two tumbler glasses and strain the mixture into each glass. Top each glass with seltzer water and garnish with remaining blackberries and lemon slices.
Source: “Shake: A new perspective on cocktails” by: Eric Prum & Josh Williams