I’m usually not a fan of two-in-one products. Remember Pert Plus? It left my hair in a big tangled mess. Then there’s that Goober PB & J stuff. I’ve never tried it, but it really scares me. These however, I could seriously get on board with. I’m also totally on board with these muffins. Muffins and coffee go together like peas and carrots, cookies and milk, grilled cheese and tomato soup, corona and lime – you get the drift. What a genius idea to combine the two! Plus, I love the idea of caffeneited baked goods, considering “Sleepy” from Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs is my alter ego. Maybe I will take a nap at my desk this afternoon and dream of all the other delicious sweets I can spike with instant coffee granules.
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 5 TB butter, melted
- 3 TB instant coffee granules
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cooking spray or Cupcake liners
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 muffin tins with cupcake liners or spray generously with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the first 5 ingredients until well combined. Make sure the melted butter is not too hot or it will scramble the egg.
3. Measure the flour into dry measuring cups and level with a knife. Combine the flour and next 4 dry ingredients into a separate bowl, mix with a whisk to combine.
4. Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and place the wet mixture in the middle of the well. Stir the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
5. Spoon batter into the prepared . Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes or until done. Remove muffins from pan immediately and place on a wire rack to cool.
Source: Adapted From Cooking Light Magazine